WCPSS Remote Learning Policy
The following guidelines and expectations have been created to ensure that Remote Learning provides continued learning and support opportunities for students while maintaining maximum flexibility for teachers, students, and families. It is important to keep in mind that as circumstances evolve, so will these initial guidelines and expectations:
- Students will attend two, 1 hour class periods, per class, per week. For example First Block Class will happen on Mondays and Wednesdays each week. Please refer to the schedule below.
- Teachers will post a video or lesson providing instruction that students can access at any time.
- All students will have a Lunch Block from 11am-1:00pm.
- Teachers will be available for one hour each day to assist students during Office Hours. CTE's Office Hours are 1-2pm.
The links below will take you to the assignments for each class.
All students in the Digital Media Academy are required to complete an internship. This video was shot and edited by NC State's Delta Internship Program and is about senior, Emily Doran, and how she is benefitting from this educational experience.
Welcome To Digital Media
Digital Media is a course designed to educate students on the new and emerging digital world as well as to provide hands on experience with the latest software and equipment. Because Digital Media covers a wide range of topics, it appeals to a diverse group of students. Topics covered in Digital Media classes include video production and editing, photography, graphic design, audio production, animation, web development, and scriptwriting. Digital Media integrates new technology with time honored communication skills. It prepares students for the emerging digital world and also gives the student first hand exposure to possible college majors, such as communications, graphic design, broadcasting, and journalism.
- Graduates, what's the deal with that crazy cap?
- Photoshop Composites "an Adobe 60 Second Tutorial"
- Be Internet Awesome with Google
- Watch the 2019 Senior DMA Eco Let's Go Group present in VR
- Watch the 2019 Freshman Class DMA Presentation
- Watch the 2019 SkillsUSA Opening Ceremony Here
- Project Yellow Light Contest (audio or video)
- Junior internship form
- Seniors that had internships fill out this form.
- Order DMA or EDA polo here
- Career Academy Website
- Career Services Website
Middle Creek High School is an authorized Certiport testing center. Students in the Digital Media Department can take exams to become Adobe Certified Associates. Students can learn more about the ACA Exams and get study guides direct from the Adobe Educational Resources website.